The video you are looking for has not finished processing.
Please check back in a few minutes.
More Gymnastike Videos with Courtney Kupets
In the world of gymnastics, 2009 was the year of Courtney Kupets. Coming off of a second torn achilles in 2008, her status for 2009 was questionable, yet she looked stronger than ever this season. She finished out her career by breaking the record for most NCAA Titles with nine (and she did that in just 3 years of NCAA competition!), and was a 15-time All-American. In 2009, she won 4 Individual event finals, bars, beam, floor, and the All-Around, and led her team to the 5th consecutive NCAA Team Championship.
Take a look at some of her other accomplishments of 2009:
- The winner of the 2009 Honda-Broderick Cup as the nation's top female student-athlete (across all sports)
- Became the first gymnast ever to win at least one national title in each event.
- Led Georgia to its fourth straight team national title with all-around scores of 39.8 and 39.9 in back-to-back nights, including three perfect 10.0s
- Was a member of the senior class that won four NCAA titles, two SEC crowns and had a career record of 130-5-1.
- Chosen as the NCAA Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year.
- At the Southeast Regional, won the all-around, vault and bars titles.
- Scored a total of 7 Perfect 10.0s this season, with at least one 10 on each event
- Swept the SEC Championship, winning the all-around, vault, bars, beam and floor titles
- Named SEC Gymnast of the Year
- Posted 48 scores of 9.9 or better this year to set the single-season record.
- Won the all-around titles in 14 of the 15 meets this year.